Qualifications & Life Experience
EDUCATION AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- B.A. University of Michigan 1967
- M.D. New York University 1971
- INTERNSHIP in Pediatrics, Lincoln Hospital, Bronx, NY and Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- RESIDENCY in Psychiatry, University of Colorado and University of Michigan
- FELLOWSHIP, Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, University of Michigan
- BOARD CERTIFIED 1982
- The Physicians in Management Series (3 weeks) by the American College of Physician Executives
- Full-Time Assistant Professor, University of Texas Medical Branch, 1979-1982
- Volunteer Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Colorado 1986-1995
- I.Q. and Education as a Predictor of Longevity in Home Hemodialysis
- Psychological Supervision of Family Medicine Residents Using Videotaped Encounters
- Medical Student Education on a Psychiatric Consultation Liaison Service
- Psychosocial Screening Questionnaire
- Couples Therapy I: “Why Do Couples Come to Therapy?”. A Review of 22 Consecutive Cases.
- Couples Therapy II: “What Does Treatment Look Like?”. A Video Presentation of Excerpts from a Complete Treatment.
- Medical Interviewing: Research, Education and Training.
- Alcohol Issues: Diagnosis and Treatment with a Video Case Presentation.
- Substance Abuse and Psychiatric Comorbidity: Implications for Treatment.
- Depression and Its Treatment.
- Stress, Illness and the Role of Social Support.
- Psychosocial Issues for the Oncology Patient.
- Co-coordinator of Conference: “Physicians’ Issues: Professional Changes and Personal Choices”, Fall 1990.
- Psychiatric Update to Arapahoe Medical Society, March 2004.
- Medical Director for Psychiatric Services, St. Joseph Hospital 1987-1997 as well as position as Department Chairman
- Cottonwood Care Center, Brighton, Colorado 1992 to 2016
- Mercy Seniors Clinic 1993-1995 and Total Long-Term Care Project 1993-1996 (Geriatric Psychiatry)
- Community Care Programs 1994 to 2006 (Residential and Out-Patient Services for Patients with Chronic, Severe Mental Illness)
- Wellness Treatment Center (Intensive Outpatient Treatment 303-777-0303)
- Laradon Hall 1993 to 2001 (Services for Adolescents and Adults with Developmental Disabilities)
- Board Member and Chairman of Karis, Inc. Residential Halfway House 1983-1987
- Colorado Assessment and Treatment Center (Forensic Services) 1998-1999
- Harmony Pointe Care Center (Quality Consultant for Psychopharmacology)
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
- Coaching: Swimming, Baseball, Softball,
- Elder and Christian Education (Elementary and Adult)
- Gardening, Golf, Skiing
- Chairman of Public Information Committee of Colorado Psychiatric Society